Underlift Tow Rating:
Winch Rating & Wire Rope:
Holmes DTU Heavy Duty Wrecker
Detachable Towing Unit
The Holmes DTU (Detachable Towing Unit) has been re-designed to decrease rear overhang, increase front axle weight, and offer better towability. With repositioned lift cylinders, the DTU also provides superior underlift height and further improved center of gravity and weight transfer.
The unit comes standard with a 20,000 lb planetary winch, 175’ of 9/16” wire rope and front legs that allow the unit to be easily removed in a matter of minutes so your truck can be multi-functional for both towing and pulling trailers. The DTU is designed to secure to your truck using a front lock-down bracket and your Fifth Wheel Plate. The power for the unit is provided by an optional wet line kit, with quick connect couplers, which is installed on your truck. Other popular Holmes DTU options include a 25,000 lb planetary winch, tool boxes and lanyard controls.
Bressler’s, Inc. has configured, sold, and installed dozens of Holmes DTU’s on many different tractor configurations. We can configure this popular unit to work with your tractor, or provide advice on the perfect tractor to carry your new Holmes DTU. We offer numerous toolbox, fender, and storage configurations. We know the installation best-practices to maximize your unit’s tow ability. Before selling our 24-hour towing and recovery business in 2019, Bressler’s, Inc. utilized several Holmes DTU units. This model performed the highest quantity of tow calls year-over-year in our company.
- Low Profile Fabricated Cross Bar
- Front Stands
- Fork Storage Holders
- Air & Electrical Lines
- Safety Chains
- Passenger Side Control
- Hook End Caps
- 5 Sets of Frame Forks
- 20,000 lb Planetary Winch 9/16” x 175’ IWRC Cable (Winch Options Include: Air Tensioners, Air Free Spool, 360° Sheave Heads)
- 25,000 lb Planetary Winch – 5/8” x 200’ IWRC Cable
- Wet Line Kit (PTO w/Pressure Relief Valve, Pump, 15 Gallon Hydraulic Tank, Return Filter, Quick Disconnect, Fittings & Hoses)
- Hand Held Remote Control 6-Function Controller w/25’ Cord
- 5 or 9 Switch Panel
- Wireless Remote Contol
- Tow Bar Lights (wired or wireless)
- Emergency Lighting
- Tool Compartment
- Work Area Lighting
- Additional Front Lock Down Kit (for setting up second tractor)
- Bus Lift & Bus Lift Storage System
- Additional Lift Forks & Towing Attachments
|Lift Capacity||Retracted||35,000 lbs.|
|Lift Capacity||Extended||16,000 lbs.|
|Reach Past Tailboard||Fully Extended||113 inches|
|Reach Past Tailboard||Fully Retracted||51 inches|
|Power Tilt Arc||20°|
|Shipping Weight||6,200 lbs.|
|Winch Rating & Wire Rope|
|Winch Capacity||20,000 lbs.|
|Winch Type||Planetary Winch|
|Cable Specifications||9/16″ x 175’ 6×37 I.W.R.C.|
|Recommended Minimum* Chassis Specifications|
|Minimum Clearance from Front of DTU to Center of Trunnion||84”|
*All recommendation are minimums, heavier specifications may be required depending on chassis and equipment weight. Consult our sales staff for additional information and to pick the perfect chassis for this truck.
Important: All ratings are based on structural factors only, not vehicle capacities or capabilities. Specifications shown are approximations and may vary depending on chassis selected. Miller Industries Towing Equipment Inc. or Bressler’s, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify product and/or specifications without notice or obligation. Some equipment shown is optional.
*MSRP listed is Miller Industries’ Suggested Retail Price for the body/equipment only. Amount shown does not include discounted sale price, chassis, installation, options, accessories, paint, freight, delivery, federal and local tax, state safety and emissions inspection, etc. All prices are subject to change without prior notice. For accurate quote on this or any equipment, please contact our sales department.
BUILT FOR YOU.
BRESSLERS BUILDS IT BETTER.
Bressler’s, Inc. builds American-Made wreckers, rollbacks and rotators, tailored to our customers’ individual needs. Check out these previous customer builds.
VIEW TRUCKS SIMILAR TO THIS Holmes DTU Heavy Duty Wrecker
- Century SP 850-XP Side Pullermorganbressler2020-09-09T15:09:33-04:00
- Holmes 600R Medium-Duty Rotatormorganbressler2021-11-12T08:48:42-05:00
- Holmes DTU Heavy Duty Wreckermorganbressler2020-09-09T16:25:07-04:00
- Century 5230 Heavy Duty Wreckermorganbressler2020-09-09T13:16:22-04:00
- Vulcan SP 850-XP Side Pullermorganbressler2020-09-09T15:49:26-04:00
- Century 4024 Heavy Duty Wreckermorganbressler2020-09-09T13:17:03-04:00
- Vulcan V-100 Heavy Duty Wreckermorganbressler2020-09-09T18:43:52-04:00
- Century 3212 G2 Medium Duty Wreckermorganbressler2020-09-09T13:17:09-04:00
- Century 9055 – 9055XL Heavy Duty Wreckermorganbressler2020-09-09T14:42:15-04:00
- Vulcan V-30 G2 – V-30 VX G2 Medium Duty Wreckermorganbressler2020-09-09T17:59:25-04:00
- Century 7035 Heavy Duty Wreckermorganbressler2020-09-09T13:43:57-04:00
- Century 5130 Heavy Duty Wreckermorganbressler2020-09-09T13:16:53-04:00
- Vulcan V-70 Heavy Duty Wreckermorganbressler2020-09-09T18:28:45-04:00
Equipment IN STOCK NOW:
Interested in purchasing a Holmes DTU Heavy Duty Wrecker?
Buying a new Holmes DTU Heavy Duty Wrecker can be a daunting task. Our equipment sales staff has decades of experience helping customers like you make smart choices when it comes to chassis choice, truck specification, and picking the right options and accessories to get the job done.
Fill out the form below to reach out to our equipment sales staff. You can also Call Us or Send Us a Text.
We have long-term relationships with several finance partners who understand the unique characteristics of the towing and recovery industry. Interest rates on new wreckers are at an all-time low.
Enter your e-mail address below to explore finance options for your next towing equipment purchase. We do not sell your information, and will not run a credit check without your approval.